Respect of the environment
At FieldTurf, we take our role as environmental leaders seriously. Our focus is creating safer playing fields for future generations and that goes beyond player injuries. It also means conserving our natural resources and reducing our carbon footprint. Installing a FieldTurf field in your community can save nearly 4,000,000 litres of water a year. Additionally, each playing field uses approximately 20,000 recycled tyres as part of FieldTurf’s performance infill layer – these tyres are used in a positive manner rather than filling up landfills, by turning into the main component for safe playing fields.
Artificial turf: A positive contribution to the environment
When it comes to carbon footprints, there’s simply no comparison between natural grass and FieldTurf fields. By choosing FieldTurf, you’re becoming part of an environmental movement that not only saves clean drinking water, but also:
- Eliminates impact on water resources, saving billions of litres of water each year
- Eliminates the use of many millions of kilos of chemicals
- Removes millions of tyres from landfill sites each year
- Significantly lowers the use of natural gas and other fossil fuels
- Eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating, and re-seeding
- Eliminates grass clippings
FieldTurf is 100% recyclable. When a FieldTurf installation finally comes to the end of its long life – it continues to help our planet. FieldTurf was the first company in the industry to remove entire turf systems and recycle them. After removal, old turf fields can now be turned into new turf infill and backing, as well as other products, such as crude oil, custom bi-products and artificial lumber.
Artificial turf proven safe for the environment
The environmental benefits of artificial grass have been well documented for years. Hundreds of studies have been completed to discover the truth about any potential risks of artificial turf.
Government health ministries and environmental bodies around the world have commissioned extensive research. So have world health organizations, leading universities and independent scientific committees. Elected officials have reacted to the concerns of their constituents by commissioning studies to get the facts – and each time artificial turf has been found to be safe.
PureFill: a new step on the way to environment-friendly pitches
Responding to the demands of clients with specific needs and ecological concerns, FieldTurf is proud to introduce the PureFill Series - a line of artificial grass products infilled with organic cork granules and sand to deliver the same high performance benefits that our systems have become known for.
In a few words, PureFill range is:
- The ultimate organic solution: When tested, cork appeared to be superior in all major categories as it relates to the environment, safety, performance, and durability.
- A 100% natural product: Completely recyclable and sustainable product that is harvested from the cork oak tree every nine years, without harming the trees.
- A significant heat reduction: Cork’s low thermal conductivity (due to its natural structure) will allow the turf surface to maintain a cooler temperature.
- A resilient infill with excellent shock absorption capacity: PureFill systems all provide excellent shock absorptions properties, having met or exceeded industry standards for immediate and long-term player safety.
- Fire resistant: Independent test reports have shown that PureFill systems have fire resistant properties, obtained from its Suberin component. The infill also does not release any toxic substance when burnt.
Find a Representative
FieldTurf has a wide network of salesmen and partners in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Find a representative near you.
Request More Information
Serving our customers and helping you building your project are our priorities. Tell us how we can assist you!