In the pursuit of performance but also play comfort, FieldTurf developed the Coolplay System. Infill systems composed with SBR may be hot and odorant when subjected to long periods of sunshine. This is why FieldTurf developed a new technology of artificial turf. The 3 layer system is composed with a first layer of sand, for a heavy and stable surface. Then, the patented mix of sand and cryogenic SBR is used to propose a high stability for the player and the field. The final layer is composed of cork, a 100% natural component, absorbing the heat and shocks. The secret behind the safety and playability of FieldTurf is the patented infill system – and that remains true even with cork infill used in place of SBR rubber.
What Coolplay brings to you:
- Heavy three-layer infill with proven long-term safety and performance characteristics.
- Temperature decrease of -20°C in surface with no compromise on performance (tested by an independent laboratory).
- A resilient infill with excellent shock absorption capacity, having met or exceeded industry standards for immediate and long-term player safety.
- Fire resistance: independent test reports have shown that Coolplay systems have fire resistant properties thanks to its Suberin component. It also does not release any toxic substance when burnt.
- The infill is odourless.
- The maintenance of a Coolplay infill is quite similar to the maintenance of a classic SBR infill.
- The cork used offers a 100% natural solution. Coolplay
Series can be used with state-of-the-art FieldTurf fibres like Optimum and FieldTurf 360.
Many professional sport teams have already chosen the Coolplay artificial turf system for their training centers but also for their stadiums. In fact Coolplay is represented in the first and second division of the Dutch professional soccer league. Moreover, Clairefontaine and the Zenith Saint Petersburg both chose the Coolplay system to give the best training conditions possible.